On to our amazing villa in Tuscany

Dicomano Travel Blog

Our villa
I found this villa on a little rental website and when I saw the pictures I immediately booked it for a week at an insanely cheap price!!  It was in a great location in a tiny little town called Dicomano a ten minute train ride northeast of Florence

On our way to the villa, we followed the directions which led us on paved roads and then finally onto a dirt road that started an incline.  We didn't think much of it until it became a narrow lane barely wide enough for one car!  Did I mention it was on the edge of a mountain with no guard rails?!  I was clinging to the door of the car in total fear of falling off the road!  There were even mirrors in the trees so you could see around upcoming turns and you had to beep the horn in case anyone was coming in the opposite direction around the same turn.
The amazing window view from our bedroom...this picture doesn't do it justice!
  The first few days we would creep up and down at about two miles an hour!!  I never thought we'd get comfortable driving it, but by the third or so day we were getting better at it.  But we didn't go nearly as fast as the locals who zip up and down and around the curves like crazy!.

Anyway, this property is owned by a family that run a winery and olive oil factory on it from their own vines and groves.  It was amazing!  There are about six or seven buildings on the property including the office building, the rental buildings, the owner's building and even it's own little chapel!  There was also an inground pool but, unfortunately it was just a little too chilly to use it.

Our unit was like a dream!  We had our own little two story, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, stone house with typical Italian terra cotta tile floors and beamed ceilings.  My favorite aspect, and the point that made me choose this property, was the bedroom.  There were huge arched windows from floor to ceiling with the most stunning views of the rolling hills of Tuscany!!  This was the first sight we saw every morning and it was breathtaking!  We also had a cute little kitchen and living room with a TV.

amazed says:
Now I'm tempted to look up Tuscan villa rentals
Posted on: Aug 02, 2012
Our villa
The amazing window view from our b…
The amazing window view from our …
Our villa in the distance
Inside our villa
Inside our villa
The pool set high on the hill
The pool set high on the hill
The view from our villas yard
The view from our villa's yard
The quaint little chapel