Off to Prison

Denver Travel Blog

she tried to stab me

One of the most common threads in the travelbuddy forum is what to do if your travelbuddy doesn't show up, however a much more interesting situation is if your travelbuddy gets arrested.... and yes this did happen to me on a visit to denver colorado.

First off, one thing about me is that I am a catalyst for debauchary, when I put my mind to it I can promote alcoholism, facilitate lust, indulge in gluttony, and I turn your normal homer simpson alcoholics into mel gibson alcoholics.  In fact on my MBA application this is called "inspiring people".

It was a thursday night back in 2007, I just moved down to washington state and was visiting a friend in colorado on a 80$ plane ticket (alaska airlines baby).

Of course the second we touched down heavy drinking insued.

the suspects
  I was visiting a friend from college who worked at a house of christian types.  They were a good group but have not gelled yet.  So we go out drinking, and I am walking home with my friend.... I am pretty blacked out at this point and all I remember is my friend going to take apiss, the next moment he was gone.  After regrouping I see him being taken away in a police car.  I am able to get back to the house dazed and confused with a friend in jail.  I made many new friends that night, but wow someone is in jail!  After two days my friend is released, and yea he got arrested for pissing on a police car and then "resisting arrest".  It was a weird situation knowing that I directly contributed to someone getting arrested and spending two days in jail, luckily he had a good time and didn't get ass raped in the shower!

94 km (58 miles) traveled