Break-in

Colombo Travel Blog

Some guy broke into my apartment last night. As far as break-ins go, this one wasn't so bad. He focused most of his attention on making an inappropriate display of himself (use your imagination), but was able to make off with my digital camera, mp3 player and lighter. In the immediate aftermath, I was most upset about the lighter, because I could have really used a cigarette after that experience. At the moment, I'm a little more upset about the other two objects.

My primary self-defense tactics included screaming expletives and throwing a mug at him. In retrospect, my efforts would probably have been more effective if I had picked up the "highly toxic" bug spray that was sitting next to the mug, and sprayed it at his face. Or at other parts of his body. I'm awesome at thinking on my feet. In any case, travel is all about learning from new experiences. Next time I'm going straight for the bug spray, $&*%#$&!
stabber911 says:
Seem like you encounter one disaster after another. If I were you I could have use a fag too.
Posted on: Dec 09, 2008
Vikram says:
How did he get in?! I hope you'd locked properly. Also in these kind of places, in the future be sure to lock up your valubles before you go to bed. Yes, valubles includes camera and MP3 player. LOL @ you being worried about a cigarette lighter of all things. I love your priorities in life! :-)
Posted on: Nov 16, 2008
aswold says:
Sorry that happened to you, sounds scary. Glad you were safe in the end.
Posted on: Nov 16, 2008