It's HARD Leaving Dubai

Dubai Travel Blog

counting for the new year

My last days in Dubai, the time was ticking for the new year as well.  After 7 years of being in UAE finally, I have the heart of moving out.  Moving to the world still unknown to me.  Everyone was trying to talk me out of my decision, but hey, too long in a place made me feel stagnant inside.  I need to explore other horizons to grow.  So, whatever they said, I took it openly but my decision was planted firmly on the ground...I still wanna move to Vietnam, despite the many put downs and scary stories they have to tell me from time to time in between laughs.  It gave me goosebumps but It gave me more excitement.

A month before my move, everyone seems to catch up time with me, I was going out most of the nights, having dinner, partying and obviously seeing friends that I dont see regularly in normal days.

Vaskins tounge
My phone doesnt seem to stop ringing and I found myself repeating what I have to say from call to the other, like a voice mail message.  So, this is the pain of moving!

Every night, we are partying like crazy if not in my apartment, its soemwhere else.  It felt like my first days in Dubai, when I just have to cross the street and walk in to any bar and just party forever like there was no tomorrow.  Somehow, I knew deep inside that I will miss this place and the people that I met.  It gave me a strange emotion inside that I couldnt explain.

On the 31st of December, everyone decided to meet up in my place.  After a couple of parties in my place, I made sure I have enough booz to last every gathering there is, specially that my place is always an easy access  being in the centre of the city.

eyes getting smaller!
  When I came home from work that day, everyone was already in my place.  I felt like going to someone else's house. Nelsie was already preparing dinner and Mennie was preparing the table. The guys in the living room was already half way through a bottle of vodka! Wow..this looks like fun already.  Lu and Vaskin were trying to fit some hats on while trying to blow the horns practicing for the New Year.  Everyone were busy trying to do their thing, they didnt even noticed my arrival.  Quickly, I took shower and changed, happily switching to my party mood.  When I was ready, it was also time to grab dinner.  Like usual Nelsie was like mummy grabbing everyone's glass for safe keeping until after dinner.  Hahaha...no one would object her as everyone is anticipating dinner as if they skipped lunch that day, including me.
give him his drink, please!
  The food was yummy, home food is always good.  When everyone had eaten we happily cleaned and tidy my place.  this is good about these bunch of guys..they help in whatever chores you assign them as long as you give them back the glass after.  In less than half an hour the dining table was tidy, the kitchen was clean and plates and cutleries were back to were it was.  Everyone settled in for a nice party music and the drinking continues.  We finished the bottle of Vodka that they initially opened.  Vaskin took a bottle of white wine to share with others.  Migue and I is more into rum so we opened a bottle of Bacardi. Mennie and Nelsie settled for some martinis that are left the previous nights.  Everybody got their drinks so we started the music.
happy drunks
  At around 30 mins past 11pm..almost New year JR called us, that its time to move to the real party place.  We head off to WAFI.  The traffic was endless, seems that all road leads to WAFI that evening.  When we reached, the line to the entrace to where the party was, unbelievable! With 10 mins before midnight, we were losing hope that we will still be able to do the countdown.  So, I called a friend who worked there, he came to the entrance to rescue us from absolute a miserable left on the parking lot for the countdown.  When we got to the venue, the counting begun... 8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...Happy New Year!!!!!

Everyone was emotional, people kissing, hugging each other, laughing out loud, taking pictures, singing, drinking.

whats with the tounge?
..dancing to the roaring crowd...it was what Dubai was when I celebrated my first New year in the same place where I am.  I looked around, the means a lot to me...the people..the crowd was amazing...my friends...oh gush!

I felt a sudden rush of emotion about Dubai... Damn! It's not just the New Year! So this is it..I was faced with leaving and staying....As I looked around everyone was having fun and so much energy to last for everyday partying until the day I depart... Earlier on, i thought Dubai has nothing more to offer than just shopping, partying, spending money, but I forgot that I party because I was with great people around me....Now, I realised...this is what makes it so hard for me leaving Dubai!!!

Migue cant stand straight