AsiaMaldivesMale

Hop in a boat

Male Travel Blog

waiting for the boat at jetty

Its the weekend, I met Ankush (one of my colleague) in the morning for breakfast and he was planning to take some of his team out for a drink.  We were talking about it while munching our food and sipping coffee in malafay. I thought, well i have no where to go tonight and no plans at all.. So yeah why not? As usual the day is so long when you want it over soon...like any other long days..I've waited 'till the last minute that i have to finally turn off the lights in my office and run to shower...get ready to jump into a boat that will take me to a night of fun for the weekend.

at 8.30pm, i said goodbye for the weekend to the papers mounting on my desk..hmmm this will not changed for the next couple of days...so well - decided to leave the office.

Dilip happy to get his first drink
..I took shower and took my time getting ready. Ankush called me and said that the boat will be ready at 9.30pm. Around 9.25pm, I was heading to the jetty... the moment I stepped out of my room, I already felt the heels of my shoes making holes on the sand, so I decided to take it off and carry my shoes - this is by the way normal in the maldives.  When I reached the jetty i didnt remember I was barefoot..the moment I saw the boat, hmmm - there something about gives a sensation of freedom. I waited for another 5 minutes, Ankush and the rest where on their way.

We left the resort around 9.50pm, we decided to go to Bandos as they have a disco there, its about half an hour away by boat from our resort.  When we arrived, I called Fasy right away to tell him we are in his resort.

cant wait to sip my drink
We found our way to the bar...didnt even discuss if we want dinner or not. The drinks comes first I guess. We found a place just in the middle of the bar fronting the stage. The bar was full of people..could hardly see the barman. It took us 20 minutes to order our drinks, although, we were entertained by the music but hey would rather have a drink in hand while I happily hum with every song. Actually at Bandos, the first drink is the hardest to get, but once you have one, the next will just come into place.

As we were sipping our drinks one after the other, Kunal decided to get a tequila...then the dancing started...there were little kids dancing on the stage, but when we invaded the dance floor they all disappeared. Although, it was really humid but the dancing was great. We were having so much fun that we didnt really realised how many drinks we got...

By the time our boat came to pick us up it was already 2am.  We didnt know how, but seems that everyone had a great time and WASTED.  Everyone was basically lifeless on the boat on our way back. I didnt know how i got to my room even..but i didnt remember crawling to get there..but by saying that I also didnt remember walking ...how? it remains a mystery...heheheh

Ankush, Me and Kunal