Day Two

Walt Disney World Travel Blog

Tree of Life

My only full day in Disney World started early as we headed over to the Animal Kingdom in time for the opening.  We were able to stand right next to the ropes in front of the Tree of Life.  Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto soon rolled in on a colorful safari truck.  Minnie went through her checklist and the guys found the items.  Then Mickey made his appearance in front of the Tree of Life...and then it was off to Asia and Expedition Everest.  I loved this roller coaster last year when I went on it for the first time, and I loved it again.  I forgot how fast it was!  (which is know is slower than other major coasters but for Disney, it's a quick one!)  We rode Expedition Everest twice that morning thanks to FastPass.  While it's great not having to stand in line, I do feel a little cheated not being able to look at all the detail put into the queue area.

After Asia we zipped over to Africa and the Kilimanjaro Safaris.  Since the animals are live, every trip has different sights (although I swear the male lion is sleeping every time...).  Highlights on this journey included the giraffes feeding, more active cheetahs than usual, and the white rhinos walking right across the road in front of us.

Breakfast was at the Kusafiri Bakery like usual.

We also watched the Lion King show.  We sat in the elephant section this time.  It's hard to believe this show has been running for 10 years now, but it's a good one!

Our last ride in the park was the Kali River Rapids.  I wore a poncho (so did Dad, Mom had a rain jacket) since I did not feel like walking around wet in slightly cooler temperatures.

We had lunch in the Animal Kingdom at Pizzafari, somehow managing to miss most of the crowd.  I also spent a few minutes finding some gifts for friends.

After lunch we headed back to the resort for our afternoon rest time.  We just relaxed in the room although I was briefly tempted to go for a swim.  Later we took the bus back to the Magic Kingdom where even in the daytime the Christmas atmosphere reigned.

diisha392 says:
The FastPasses can make all the difference!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2009
vances says:
It has been quite a few years since my family enjoyed Disney World...but those FastPasses were awesome!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2009
Tree of Life feature
Tree of Life feature
heading up Expedition Everest
heading up Expedition Everest
going through the line for Expedit…
going through the line for Expedi…
Old Key West
Old Key West
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
The queue for Toy Story Mania
The queue for Toy Story Mania
he sings, he dances, he interacts!
he sings, he dances, he interacts!