Living in Atlanta

Atlanta Travel Blog

Balcony shot!

Well, it's been nearly a month now that I've lived here in Midtown Atlanta after moving here from Asia.

After living for 3 years straight, primarily in Bangkok, Thailand, followed by 5 1/2 months on a small island in Japan; Atlanta is a breathe of fresh air. Literally!

Bangkok was great, everyday was an adventure, with tons of interesting sites and outdoor markets everywhere you looked. Crowded, uneven sidewalks with trash were the norm and loud, smoke blowing buses racing down the streets like the Indy 500.

Here in Atlanta, NONE of that! In fact, I almost feel that something is missing.

Where are the people on the sidewalks? The street vendors? The outdoor markets with meals for under a buck?

I'm living in the heart of a city of nearly 5 million people, yet it feels like a small town in some ways.

Great sunsets almost daily!

I am currenly living on the main artery through the city, Peachtree St and there are no traffic jams. No pollution. Scattered pedestrians strolling along clean sidewalks with trees lining the street. Fall colors abound, yet without the coldness of the northern states. It's the perfect mix. Enjoy the seasonal changes without the extremes.

Most every day is sunny, which is what I like. Great sunsets with a great skyline as well.

There are restaurants of every ethnicity, all scattered about down main streets, side streets, and tucked in neighborhoods. There are no crowded "hot spots", but rather, a spread out assortment of places to go; different flavors of the city if you will. I'm not familiar enough to write about all of the locales yet, but I'm sure I will be writing about them before long.

This is my first entry on living in Atlanta. I will continue to write as my experience here grows.

Great sunsets almost daily!
Downtown from our balcony.
Downtown from our balcony.
The beautiful downtown skyline.
The beautiful downtown skyline.