Texas

Dallas Travel Blog

It's barely been a month since I moved to the Big D and even though I've been out of town for work a good bit I've found it easy to learn the city. The Big D certainly is a big city with an extensive list of major attractions from pro sport teams, major malls, Six Flags, and 2 airports making it easy to access anywhere. Overall the traffic through town is not that bad, plus people take the time to be courteous in public. I've also found people to be great hosts, whether it's been my clients taking me out, my neighbor inviting me out with her friends, my friend Kristi showing me around town, or my sister's friend Jen taking me out with her friends it has been easy meeting people. My critique of the city would be there are a ridiculous number of chain restaurants and stores, but there are plenty of unique places to go to as well. Just 5 minutes from my apartment is the Addison Improv comedy club where I saw Bill Burr, which is next door to Pete's Dueling Piano bar just to name a couple. One reason it has been easy to learn my way around is because Dallas itself is not very big but has several suburbs which are easy to get around. With these suburbs being close to Dallas and having their own feel and downtown areas, it gives the illusion of just being in different areas of Dallas.
Where John F Kennedy was shot