Innovatech

Seattle Travel Blog

Unfortunately I only had two days to spend in Seattle but it seemed like a very charming city. Not only did it not rain but the weather was perfect, I guess I picked a good time to go. You can easily tell it is an active town with a lot going on. I noticed the hustle and bustle of Pikes Place Market and downtown during the day transitioned to a seemingly limitless number of laid back restaurants and bars around town at night. I was reminded a lot of San Francisco during my trip. Both cities share common hilly landscapes with a coastal feel as well as very liberal personalities. While I expected the general population to be outdoorsy the town also seemed to be into their local teams, I heard Seahawks football mentioned a lot as well as discovered that Ichiro is considered god-like. The major complaint about the city I heard from locals was regarding their traffic. Traffic was certainly as expected for any major city but it was no where close to the horrible traffic I’ve experienced in Miami, D.C. or Atlanta. With major employer (Boeing) having facilities outside of downtown I think the traffic situation is alleviated to a degree though you can certainly see its downtown presence as well.