OK Corral

Tombstone Travel Blog

Oriental Saloon
My second trip to Tucson wasn't as crazy as the first, but I certainly enjoyed myself as expected. This time I was able to see the historic Tombstone, catch some spring training action between the Angels and D-Backs, and even had enough daylight left to get in some pool time. Tombstone was about what you would expect. The scene from the old west you see in the movie with a lot of tourism business tied in. It was cool to see the dirt roads and wood plank sidewalks where the taxi's are a horse and carriage, but it was disappointing to see all the cheap souvenir stands and shops next door to the OK Corral and Oriental Saloon. While Tombstone is one of the cooler places I've been able to see, it only took about 20 minutes to walk through and wouldn't be worth a trip out there again.
Birdcage Theatre
Though Tucson is not the type of town I would want to live or visit on a regular basis, it has had some fun things going on both times I've been there. If you make it that way, O'Malley's Irish Pub is a must. Great TV set up with all kinds of sports action; pool tables, a back patio, and great food are just the start. The heart and soul of this fine establishment is the drink specials. When most places only have a drink special one or two nights a week usually ending at 10pm…O'Malley's has a different special every night start 8pm and going strong till close. My favorite is Thursday's 2for's on any drink you order. My only complaint like most places is that if you get there too early, its mostly just guys watching sports and shooting pool. However, if you can tough it out till around 11 or so it starts to pack in a lot of pretty good-looking girls when the music gets going. This seems to be the theme throughout Tucson however. Tucson feels more like a small town than the bigger city it is. But instead of going to bed at 8pm during the week, it just takes a nap.
Tombstone Taxi