In Transit

Houston Travel Blog

The flight to Houston (767-400) was virtually empty, so I had a whole center row (3 seats) to myself and was able to stretch out across them all and have a nice nap.  A shame Continental still charges for all alcoholic drinks, even the drink with Dinner. KLM/NWA (all drinks free) and Delta (free alcoholic beverage with the meal) still do better there.  I wonder what will happen with this once the NWA/Delta merger is complete?

Had a very close connection time in Houston...1hr 15min on paper, but that was barely enough!  Immigration was a little slow as a number of South America / Carribbean flights had arrived at the same time but there were not enough US Citizen counters open, so it took over 30 minutes to reenter US Soil.  Luckily I only had carry-on baggage so had nothing to wait for after clearing.

Just so happenned that my departure gate was C30, which happens to be one of the furthest gates from the international arrivals area, so by foregoing any stops and walking VERY fast to the gate, I made it just as they were boarding my boarding group.  Granted, this means I had a good 15 minutes to spare, but that's only because I hauled it across the terminal.  However, perhaps none of that was necessary, because it turns out the loud Dutch guys in the rows behind me on the flight from Amsterdam wandered onto the Vegas flight a few minutes before they closed the doors...so they managed to clear visitor immigration and get there in time as well.

poohstanggt says:
WHAT? Continental charges on international flights for alcohol?!?! CRUD! Hmmm, sorry not coming in December now! LOL

And you know you had more time to spare before boarding...you just wanted to board "elite" before everyone else! LOL
Posted on: Nov 15, 2008