Home!

Eindhoven Travel Blog

Arriving back in Amsterdam, I collected my bags and managed to have time to grab a Starbucks before catching the train back to Eindhoven.  The train ride was quite empty, very quiet, so I sat and read my book.  And read.  And read.  And read.

I read until the train stopped, and didn't restart.

Uh oh!

I look out the window, and the train is in a rail yard!  I guess I was so engrossed in my book, I missed Eindhoven station!

Luckily, Eindhoven is the last stop, and the rail yard is just a few hundred meters from the station, so I figured I'd find the conductor on the train, explain that I "slept through" the stop, and ask how to walk back to town.  Well...easier said than done!  Not a soul on the train.  I grab my bags and make it to the very last car, and didn't see anyone!  I open the last door of the train and lean out...there's a few guys talking outside the train two tracks over so I call out and explain what happenned to them.  Luckily, that train is leaving in 5 minutes for EIndhoven station to begin the return run to Schipol, so I jump off the train and climb onto the other and take the short trip back to the station and walk home to do some much needed laundry and start blogging...

Eindhoven