Fez for Lunch

Phoenix Travel Blog

The plan for the road trip included a stop in Phoenix at a restaurant that had been reviewed by the God of the Foodies, Guy Fierie.  Turns our ol' Guy had been utilized as an official tour guide of sorts and was to be a factor in various steps of the weekend...

This stop had us visiting Fez, a mediterranean grill on Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix.  Directions had been pre-printed, and as we were approaching the outskirts of Phoenix, it was quickly realized that all was not going according to plan.  We had apparently missed a turn, but luckily we handed over the navigator duties to the trusty GPS (Brett-Brett) and righted ourselves by heading down 101 through Glendale instead of 17 through Phoenix.

We arrived at the restaurant safe and sound and managed to eat what I thought was an excellent lunch.  I had the Fez Kisra, which reminded me of a BBQ Chicken Pizza.  Mel and Erin had the Lamb Kisra and Melissa a strawberry/blueberry cashew salad.  All of this topped off with a side of the cinnamon-dusted sweet potato fries.  Yum!

Lunch now completed, and with assurance that Roselle had found a way from Phoenix down to Tucson, but still without a little piece of needed information (the name our rooms were booked under), we headed down out of Phoenix and down to Tucson, with time enough planned spare to settle in before heading down to the pre-meet up dinner.

Melissa919 says:
GPS!! lol! Umm I have to say, I was expected to navigate without a MAP. How am I supposed to know where we are and how far something possibly is without a map?? Ok Brett, you did a great job! Bow down to Brett for his navigating skills. :)
Posted on: Nov 15, 2008
poohstanggt says:
WRONG!! No Guy Fieri food place here!!! :-( We didn't end up doing any Guy places dang it!!

Trusty GPS? You didn't mention cranky GPS! :D