Brunch at the Eggery

Phoenix Travel Blog

Go on, give it a hug!

After checking out of the hotel, we were headed back to Vegas, with planned stops in Phoenix for Brunch and Sedona, perhaps also the Grand Canyon if time permits (doubtful).

We started out a little later than planned, and made the drive up to Phoenix.  We were making great time...perhaps too great, as Melanie got pulled over for speeding!  Lucky girl, she got off with a warning!!!

We made it to downtown Phoenix where Matt's is, the Guy Fieri reviewed breakfast joint.  We found it rather easily...unfortunately, it appears half of Phoenix did as well, based on the huge line outside!  Well, this wasn't meant to be, so we kept going up Central until we happened to find The Eggery where we stopped for our brunch.

After the 30-minute ordeal of three women special ordering their meals ("I'll have a BLT, hold the tomato, replace the bacon with Turkey, put the lettuce on the side, and use only butter on the bread, not mayo."  Why not just order toast!!!) we managed to be served the one thing that was ordered simple...an Oreo Cookie Pancake with peanut butter chips.  I only took a little taste (for fear of losing an arm) but it was awesome!  The ladies thoroughly enjoyed it as well!

I had a Santa Fe Straw sandwich which was quite nice, and then we continued on up towards Sedona, with a brief stop on I-17 to hunt and molest some cacti, scare some cows, and flee some bees.

poohstanggt says:
Uhhhh...I believe my order was also not complicated! :-) And don't lie...we tried to give you more pancake, you refused us! LOL
Posted on: Nov 14, 2008