Washington DC

Washington Travel Blog

georgetown

i visited my best friend in dc during the december winter. i took the bus from new york city and it took me around 3 - 4 hours to get there. my friend picked me up at the drop off point and we walked to his place at du pont circle. thank god i am a light traveller. it was a good half an hour walk to get there. it was fun because the weather was great. considering it was december and pretty close to christmas, it was warm. around 24C.

he lives in an apartment close to all the cafes and restaurants. and georgetown is just a few blocks away too. we went to dinner in one of their favourite haunts, an italian restaurant. the place was cozy and the food and service was great. we had coffee in another place and chatted the night away.

the next day, i was on my own as he was going to work.

washington dc
i did my thing. got a map of the place and started walking. i followed my travel guide and went to all the sights recommended. i had a great time going to all the museums, parks, monuments and shops.

anywhere you go, you can always see the obelisk. that is very comforting. worse come to worse, you can always go back to that sight and trace back your trail.

i love the parks and the monuments. and the highlight was the white house. i didnt go inside. maybe next time.

i also went to the arlington cemetery. i had a great time there. it was really awesome to see the site. you feel so grateful for all these brave men and women who lost their lives for their country.

the smithsonian is also very interesting. and all the other hsitoric buidlings in the mall strip. the congress is the ultimate goal of the walk and when i reached it it was a good feeling. i went up the steps and looked at where i came from. wow, it was a long walk. just the thought of me going back to where i came from (all the way to du pont), made me tired already.

i enjoyed the museums too.

i will definitely go back to washington. du pont circle is a great place. i can live there. it actually reminded me of sydney.

frozen pond