AsiaJapanTokyo

Home

Tokyo Travel Blog

Mt. Fuji

Well we were the last group to arrive and the first group to leave, so we woke up again at the crack of dawn and the weather was still freezing, which apparently is the norm for this time of year, which made us happy looking back of the week. This was also about the end of tourist season since it usually starts getting much cooler and then in the middle of summer Beijing can get very hot and humid.

Anyways, there is just one interesting story to note, which I guess I should not be surprised since it is China. After I passed security and before I bordered the airplane I had a few Yuan to spend, so I just got a over-priced tea at Starbucks. I figured, yes we could bring drinks on a plane. Well first of all this is not true for international flights (I was switching planes in Tokyo), as I got became the “angry” American at the gate. Also, just before I boarded the plane our carry on was searched again, by hand, of apparently every non-Chinese national. I again found this frustrating (again the drink thing did not help); but again I guess this is what leaving a country like China is like.

Anyways, the flight to Tokyo was pretty empty, so even though I had the aisle I also had a window, so was able to take photos, including one of Mt. Fuji.

So, ends a wonderful trip. China is definitely worth while, to visit and for the adventurous minded do not be afraid to travel to China on your own; but if you do have any reservations, then tour groups are not that bad. I would not want to make it a habit; but once in a while they are ok.

China from the air
China from the air
The East Sea
The East Sea
Coast of Japan, notice the wind tu…
Coast of Japan, notice the wind t…
Tokyo