No sleep for the weary!

San Diego Travel Blog

Sal ordering
After closing down the club that night, which involved my awkward dancing to house music for the first time before finally getting into a more comfortable hip-hop groove downstairs, having the music be so loud a martini glass made its own way off the table to shatter on my foot, and then having everyone poke at my cut, including Nhi squeezing lemon onto my wound and Eric jabbing it. Thanks guys.. =)

This group was so fun to dance with though.. I think they would've fared better without me during the House music though, everyone was so into it, it made me so happy to watch! Nhi, Eric and Sal are some serious trance/rave dancers! I could not keep up. If not for everyone being so lovely I would have hid in a corner to just observe!

We chatted with Eric and his old friends for a few hours back at Sal's hotel room and Eric and I stayed up chatting and turning off people's alarm clocks and cell phones.
Eric smirking
We fell asleep for like 15 minutes and all of a sudden the sun was blazing down at us. It would turn out to be a very warm day.

I really got to know Eric during these few hours as well as observing him and his friends the night before. What an interesting young man - someone I highly recommend meeting if you have the chance. He's just full of sweetness, consideration and fun. He talks up a storm and has an uncanny ability to know exactly how to put each person at ease. After this weekend I feel as I've known him much longer than the 27 hours we spent together. I think traveling with him would be full of entertainment, laughs, and tangents.

With no sleep for the weary, Eric drove us to a breakfast place around 8:30am and I noticed how San Diego is exactly how I left it when I was 18.
For breakfast - more champagne of course!
Everyone is about 17-21 years old. EVERYONE. Eric orders champagne and everyone partakes. Didn't we just have champagne oh.. 12 hours ago?! This regimen would prove fairly consistent throughout my time with Sal and Eric..

A little bit of beach, a little bit of visiting Eric's friends, a little bit of baklava and lebanese food, and Tracy was on her way! Woohoo!! By the time Tracy got to San Diego they were ready to hit the jacuz, and I begged for a nap. I awoke to Eric talking to someone and shifted further under the covers and everyone started getting ready for Dueling pianos or something like that.

Tracy waited with me to get ready and we walked over, but ended up a bar instead because the line for dueling pianos was out the door. San Diego streets are interesting.
She's got champagne and hot sauce.
. a lot of young kids, some homeless vets, but not glitzy or glamorous like Hollywood. It's interesting though and very active/full of people.

We met Eric's friend Jen who is the wife of his best friend. She was very nice and we talked about what it was like being married to someone in the military. She seemed happy but reserved, with a touch of sadness because her husband was always away. It didn't seem like an easy thing to do by any stretch of the imagination. This is the first time I've met so many people related/in the military..

We also met Sal's friend Matt who's a navy SERE doctor (hardcore!) who was really tall and really sweet. And really German, kinda like Ragnar! Eric was really tired at this point and starting to get rambunctious as he hadn't slept for something like 40 hours..  everytime I tried to talk to Matt, Eric would bounce in and end up on Matt's lap or something similarly crazy. If I didn't know better... ;) After pool was played, unending drinks were finished, I decided to head back to LA for the night as I couldn't survive with any more lack of sleep. Nhi rode with me and we got home around 1am with no traffic. It was a truly fantastic 27 hours =)
Sweetski says:
From one champagne serving place to the other..., what a horrible trip, NOT! LOL.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
alicegourmet says:
You guys are nut! LOL!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2008
jenn79 says:
ahahaa!! I forgot about that, you know I only have room for good memories of you =)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2008
Eric smirking
For breakfast - more champagne of …
For breakfast - more champagne of…
Shes got champagne and hot sauce.
She's got champagne and hot sauce.
beachtime! Pic stolen from Sal!
beachtime! Pic stolen from Sal!
aww.. Sal in the morning =D