Carita Beach

Jawa Barat Travel Blog

After 4 hours trip to west part of West Java from Jakarta, we arrived at Astrid's villa in Carita Beach. Tired from work and the road, we decide not to go out (nothing we can see anyway) tonight and had a Casino Night instead. We played BlackJack, Texas Hold Em, Poker, you name it! While playing we just realized that the only logistics we brought were a dozen of Heineken, one Smirnoff, one Absolut Vodka and some chips to go along with the booze! This is what happen if you're going with no proper plan.

I dindn't realize that I drink that much untill I woke up with headache, big one! Apparently I'm not the only one, and we started the day quite late because of everyone experienced hangover.
main logistics
Thank God the house maid came and brought us something to eat, after a really late breakfast/lunch we finally visits the beach.

The villa area has a beach, but it is covered with rips created by the frozen lava of Mount Krakatoa. On my last visit here (which was 7 years ago) I  had an accident in the beach and got hurt by the rips, so it's a no way hose ay for me to go there. We ride the cars to go to the nearest and more friendly beach (still) in Carita Area. (Not so) Surprisingly, the beach is empty. We are the only visitor. I dont know whether because it was low season or it's just the way it was. Carita Beach was quite popular in my younger days (not that I'm old now!!), the beach can be as crowd as what they have in Kuta Bali. But it was abandoned nowadays, the government more focused on developing Kepulauan Seribu Area and Pelabuhan Ratu maybe, I don't know.
But oh well, the sun hardly shining because it was cloudy, so we can forget sunbathing! The boys were playing rugby which suddenly can be transformed into wrestling (boys will be boys!) while the girls, and some not-sport-type-of boys picknicked with a bottle of Pear Absolut Vodka. I hate when there's no sunshine in the beach.

Heading back to the villa, it was twilight already. We bought some seafood from the near public market. They had really cheap prices, around IDR 40.000 for a kilograms for each of anything; shrimp, squid(giant one), oysters and various fishes. And now it's poolside barbecue time! Apparenty everyone only wanted to eat, not do the barbecue, thank the housemaid again for that! Then again, we had Heineken as the dessert and jumped to the swimming pool. But we got ourselves into bed quite early that night we got tired from the swam.

14 September 2008 at 00.00 someone knocked the door harshly. I heard someone opened the door and suddenly someone yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAAAYY" toward me. I woke up and they reacted "whoops, sorry wrong person". Hahaha..funny :(  Apperently they (drunkly) confused me with Astrid who was sleeping in the next bed. Finally everyone woke up except for Febri, since he got sooo drunk. Few minutes later Kitty arrived at the villa, she drove alone from Jakarta to Carita in the middle of the night. She already drunk from the gala dinner she attended in Jakarta and we all wonder how can she made it here. Thank God nothing happened to her on the way to Carita (never, never do that children!!). But she really cheered up the night, she grabbed some more booze and later that morning she did the Swan Lake dance in the living room! Hahaha.
Mike reserved the front seat

Mike woke me up at 12AM, "lets ride Banana Boat!". Other than me and Mike there's Lucy, Giffy, Felix, Richard and Katty. While the other can not manage to wake up. We walked to the shore, where they rented some watersports facilities, one of them had Banana Boat. Richard and Katty didn't join us, but they make themselves useful by taking our pictures on the Banana Boat. Funny thing is Mike did all the team briefing with the five of us: "You should balance the boat by bla bla bla bla..." going on and on about beating the driver's maneuvers. Hell yeah, we got all smashed to the water in the 10th seconds the boat ran! I tottaly lost the hangovers in a sudden when we jumped to the sea. God, it felt awful because I got so panicked I would get drowned. I forgot that I wore the lifejacket! The whole ride was so fun, we flipped again for a few time. Once we all manage to survive the maneuver but Felix didn't. The second we realized that he fell, we already left him in the middle of the sea. It was so funny!! I know he was so terrified (he can't swim) but still it's so funny!!The most tiring part was when we had to pull ourselves out of the water. Not to mention, pulling the others from the water.
natanoja says:
i was so high i wished you guys forgot my birthday and just let me sleep.
having that holding-cigarette-gala-dressed-up prostitute drunk by herself and dancing around beside me was the most wicked birthday present ever.
thanks for this blog hon, ai luv it, let's have your birthday advanced and have another trip! :D
Posted on: Feb 25, 2009
hangover
hangover
frozen lava of the Krakatoa
frozen lava of the Krakatoa
(no) sunbathing
(no) sunbathing
this is what you got if youre nau…
this is what you got if you're na…
barbecue
whoopsie
whoopsie
this was hard!
this was hard!
chilling in on kids pool
chilling in on kids' pool