Update from Panama City

Panama City Travel Blog

I have spent the last 2 days in Panama City.  Having just spent two weeks here in August, it was nice to kick off my 2 month trip in some place familiar.  It has given me a chance to get acclimated once again to living-on-the-road, to speaking spanish, to doing without the many conveniences we are afforded in the U.S.

Bruce picked me up fromt the airport right on time, and we had drinks and dinner at Terrace, Costa Azul, and back at Terrace.  I also reunited with Dayana and her friend Lourdes.   We ended the night at the casino at Marriott - first we won several dollars at slots, then perdimos todo!

On Saturday, I slept through most of the day and then Bruce, Dayana, and I went to a restuarant Portogalo for a tasty Portuguese dinner.   Afterward, Bruce took us to a local outdoor discotec.  It was some combination of beer garden and disco, with an outdoor seating area serving jarras de cerveza y cubetasos de Atlas (that is pitchers of beer and buckets of Atlas - Panama brewed beer - to you gringos), along with a huge dance floor playing salsa, merengue, and bugi bugi. (Bugi bugi is a cool line dance that I´m going to have to learn.)

Good times.

I am about to get kicked off of this internet... so adios...mas tarde.

Panama City