Rio - The Aftermath

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

We did the usual routine yet again today.

We slept in.

Then went to our juice bar for Acerola and Acai juices.

Then hung out on the beach - walking, people watching, window shopping the street vendors, etc.

Then had a beer at Shenanigan's.

Then another steakhouse buffet, of course.  (Except this one was not nearly as good as Pocao.  It was about 1/3 the price.  But Adam and I quickly decided the savings was not worth it.  Not even close!)

After dinner we checked out a new club - I forget the name.  But we ran into a slight difficulty because they wouldn't let Adam in.  His sandals were not disco-appropriate.  So he took a cab home to change, while I pounded a Red Bull and waited in line at the club.

We did finally get into the club.  And at least upon entry, it was a bit of a disappointment.  By the security guards, the red-roped line, the dress code, the cover charge, etc. you would have thought this was some fancy club with maybe a couple rooms or floors with different DJs etc.  In fact, it was simply one room (not even that big) with a bar along one wall, some low sofas and tables along the other walls, and a dance area in the middle.  However, the music was good, and the people were pretty.  At least some of the people.

Sorry, no pics.