Panama Mall

Panama City Travel Blog

On Sunday, Dayana took me on a traditional Sunday outing - a trip to the Albrook Mall.  We ate lunch at a food park, shopped for clothes (for her), and met her friend Janet for a mid-afternoon helado (ice cream).   The mall was pretty crazy...colorful, crowded, noisy.  I can just imagine this place at Christmas.  But then again, I suppose we really could have been at any mall in the world. I can´t think of anything particularly Panamanian about the mall . except that we got Dayana a great looking outfit for about $30.  I took some before and after photos I´ll post.  (for now, i´m posting photos on facebook, until i find a computer with java required to upload photos.)

Later we met Bruce for a tasty Italian dinner at a restaurant off Via Argentina.  We had more helado for dessert out on the restaurant´s patio.  Via Argentina is one of the hipper streets in Panama, by the way.  Not quite as trendy as Calle Uruguay, and not as bustlingas Via Espana or Calle 50, but it´s more quaint and quiet.  Nice.

Before heading home, we checked out a new brew pub, called Istmos something or other.  Good beer, but at a price of 4 dollars a pint (versus 70 cents last night), we had one and called it a night.

Panama City