Happy Thanksgiving

Puerto Natales Travel Blog

Today was our last day aboard the ship Navimag.  Over an early morning coffee (to help wipe the previous night away), I sat out on the deck and watched as our freighter navigated through some really narrow channels.  Pretty cool.

By late morning, we maneuvered into Puerto Natales and docked.  My friends Muzzy, Oli, and Avi and I walked to Erratic Rock Hostel to check in - it took a little longer getting there thanks to my lousy map reading.  Sorry fellas.

Afterward, Muzzy and I killed some time by having a beer outside watching the passersby and chit-chatting about past, present, and future travels.

At 3pm, we all went inside for the infamous Erratic Rock talk about Torres Del Paine - during which we gathered information and tips about the next week or more in the national park.  What to bring, how to pack, what route to take, etc.

The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for the trek.  I bought some new sunglasses, bought a replacement tripod (though I later found the one I thought I had lost - damn!), and bought some snacks for the trail.  I was going to stay in the refugios (cabins) so I wouldn´t need a tent or stove or meals.

I had a quick dinner with the gang, and then we each went our own direction to prep for our adventures ahead.

Puerto Natales