The Sunshine State \

Cairns Travel Blog

Aloha there from suny Cairns, Australia

So I was excited to start a new blog about "Cairns" so here it goes.

so there we are saying "see you guys soon" to our family in Indonesia cause the plan was visit Jakarta for 1 week and the heading to Australia for 2 weeks and then heading to Jakarta again for 2 weeks, so "bring the whole family to the airport to say farewell" wasnt nessacery, so after checking in with the Qantas we were looking ahead for a 6 hours flight to Sydney.

Arrived at Sydney  I was so excited to get a first glimp of Sydney but we were in a hurry cause our next plane to Cairns was leaving like in 10 minutes, I already knew we couldnt catch that plane so I still couldnt get a look at Sydney, that means we are going take a "Domestic Flight" to Cairns cause they have like 5 planes everyday flying from Syd>Crns, and it was a succes we could get the next flight!.

After a 3 hours flight we arived at "The Sunshine State" Cairns, but it was cloudy and windy that day haha . My first thought was that Cairns was very wide a car was a must have here cause of the long distance, I was used to the Dutch way of living cause everythings is tied up and small in Netherlands.

but nevertheless it feels good being here with my family I hadnt seem them in for over 6 years.

Let the vacation begin!. (some activities i did in Cairns more to come, they are not sorted)

* Oma wanted to take us to the heart of Cairns (the city) and I was just overwhelmed!, what a beautiful city like the "Esplanade" and the beautiful look upon the ocean, just lovely .

* The ride to Kuranda was very lovely, the beautiful mountains the waterfalls, the great look over Cairns it was AMAZING, it took about a hour and a half to get on top of Kuranda. In Kuranda we took a walk to see the market and there are great tourist shops, there was also "Took a picture with a snake on your neck" haha that was so weird to see that.

* From the stories I heard from others I was excited to go to Port Douglas, the plan was to go early to get a good taste of it,it took a hour to get in Port Douglas.
In Port Douglas we first had to find a parking spot it look like that all of the parking spot were taken haha, but we managed to find one near the market.
First of all we went to the market of Port Douglas near the beach and it was great to see it, after the market we went to the Harbor to take a look at the boats.
there was also a small shopping centre near the Harbor were I bought this great yellow Ripcurl t-shirt where I also met the lovely casshiere of Ripcurl Sarah
were we trade e-mails (truth is i was very shy to ask her if she wanted to trade emails, i asked my uncle and aunt to ask it for me)
after that we called it a day and went home.