let the trip begin

Grand Forks Travel Blog

The main motive behind this trip was to get pictures for my 50 States scrapbook album.  I make a page for every state I've been to, only I am missing photos from some states, like Kansas.  I decided to head south for Spring Break so I could cross Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama off my list.  Generally I like to stop at state parks or other places with neat scenery.  In planning this trip, a couple of my classmates decided to come along.  Since we are all studying geology, it only made sense to go see some cool rocks!  We did our research and found a bunch of cool places we wanted to visit.  We made a plan of stops but decided to wing it for lodging each night.  We brought a tent and camping supplies and planned on camping at whatever parks we could find along the way.  We didn't think we'd have a problem finding places to stay because it is a lot warmer down south than it is in North Dakota where our trip is starting.

This trip happened just long enough ago that I don't remember a lot of it.  I don't always remember why we stopped where we did, other than that the place likely had neat rocks and it was not too far off our road.

simsing says:
What a cool idea! I love geology. In my childhood I read a book from a scientist who went to Antarctica and collected rock samples for few months. All those pictures used to fascinate me!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2016
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured! Finally after all these years!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2016
Ma-Ray says:
I must be careful that I don't become a rock-addict too, by looking at your pictures ;o)
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008