WHOA BIG JERK!!!!!!!

Sonoita Travel Blog

ALMOST TO TOMBSTONE…….

We all stopped at a passing zone to wait for the others to catch up. We were waiting for rest of the convoy with Jim, Dan, Adrian, Liz, Megan, and Dante.  While we were all waiting, of course we were taking photos of the view behind us. we were goofing around as always. There were 3 cars and one Harley. Keith and Dema went ahead to meet us at Sonoita.

We have been driving for about an hour or so. We stopped at a gas station for Harriet to fill up. I filled up too. the rest of the gang went to grab a snack. I went inside to grab a snack too. I saw a big beef jerk. I wanted some protein that seems to be perfect. I was thinking of almonds but I think that would make me thirsty.
ME :)

All of us were taking turns taking photos with my BIG JERK. Nate is such a camera ham like me. he just want to be in every photo.  Even in the car he seems to drive behind me while I am eating my BIG JERK. Nate and Krysta are fun peeps.

HISTORY OF SONOITA

Sonoita is located at the crossroads of US Highways 82 and 83. We are surrounded by rolling, grass-covered hills and enjoy wonderful blue skies and wide-open spaces. Many people say this area "looks like Montana." Well, maybe. We love it here whether or not it does. We certainly have a lot less snow!

Weather in the Sonoita area is usually dry, sunny and warm. Winter temperatures average between 20-60F with occasional snow and rain. Spring is very temperate with the thermometer registering 50 - 80F. The summer-fall temperatures average between 80-95F.
THE GUYS
Our monsoon season starts in July and lasts for two to three months.

Terrain here is rolling grasslands and cienegas. Sonoita lies in a wide valley surrounded by mountains. Oak and pine forests are found in the higher elevations. The arroyos found across the cienega may have occasional flash floods during the monsoon season.

Altitude is 4,987 feet above sea level and some folks may experience shortness of breath when exercising vigorously.

What to Do? What to Do?

Fish Haven Inc., at Parker Canyon Lake , 520-455-5847. Bait, tackle and boat rental. Open 7 days a week.

Sonoita Stables, 520-455-9266. Riding Lessons. Peruvian Pasos and other gaited breeds. Open 7 days a week

Trail Boss Outfitters, 520-455-5494. Cowboy activities. Mounted shooting.

Patagonia Cyclery, (520) 394-2794.
ME AND THE GUYS
Biking tours in the Sonoita area. Bicycle rentals available. patagoniacyclery@theriver.com

Sonoita Vineyards

290 Elgin Canelo Rd

Elgin, AZ 85611

(520) 455-5893

Food is Good!

Cafe Sonoita, 520-455-5278. Lunch and Dinner. Dinner Menu changes daily. Beer, Excellent selection of wine, including local, and quality spirits served. Fri - Sat 11-2:30 for Lunch, Wed - Sat 5-8 for Dinner. The best in town.

Cunningham's Ranch House, 520-455-5371. Steaks and Burgers. Call for hours.

The Grasslands, 520-455-4770. Imaginative Continental Cuisine and German Bakery. Call for hours.

The Steakout, Cowboy Steaks, Mexican Specials on Wednesday.  Call 520-455-5205.

A Place to Rest Your Weary Head

Crown C Ranch, 520-455-5739.
BEST JERKY
Hiking, birding, exploring, biking, and riding.

La Hacienda de Sonoita, Beautiful, classic western style hacienda with a fun cowboy motif. azgoblue@starband.net

Rain Valley Bed and Breakfast, 520-456-2911. New, great views.

Rainbow's End Bed and Breakfast at Grand Adventures Ranch. 520.455.0202 or 800.797.8274. 1920's ranch house on historic horse farm. Horses and well-behaved dogs welcome.

Sonoita Inn, 520-455-5935.  Historic Building, New Inn near the Crossroads.  info@sonoitainn.com

TOWNS NEARBY

Benson is located at the northern end of the Whetstone mountain range, about 45 miles northeast of Sonoita. Take US Highway 82 east to Highway 90. North on 90 to I-10, east on I-10 to Benson.
NO SHARE
On your way to Benson, you'll pass the newest Arizona State Park, Kartchner Caverns.  Visit the for information on reservations.

Bisbee is located in the Mule Mountains about 55 miles southeast of Sonoita. Take US Highway 82 east to US Highway 90, south to Highway 92, and south to Bisbee. Bisbee is a very picturesque old copper mining town. Be sure to visit Brewery Gulch while you are there.

Nogales is located on the border about 30 miles southwest of Sonoita. Take US Highway 82 west to Nogales. Cross the border here for shopping in Nogales, Sonora.

Patagonia is located on cool Sonoita Creek 12 miles southwest of Sonoita on US Highway 82. The children from Sonoita and Elgin go to Patagonia to Middle School and High School.
DRIVING AND CHEWING
  Please note that this is a new URL for Patagonia.  Change your bookmarks!

Sierra Vista is located at the foot of the Huachuca Mountains about 35 miles southeast of Sonoita. Take US Highway 82 east to US Highway 90, then south to Sierra Vista. You'll pass through Sierra Vista on the way to Bisbee. While in Sierra Vista, visit historic Fort Huachuca.

Tombstone, "The town too tough to die," is located about 44 miles east of Sonoita. Follow US Highway 82 due east from the crossroads in the center of Sonoita.

Tucson is located about 45 miles northwest of Sonoita surrounded by the Rincon and Santa Rita mountains. Take US Highway 83 north to I-10, then west to Tucson.

BRETT ON HARRIETS TRUCK
SESSA LOVES THE BIG JERK
SESSA LOVES THE BIG JERK
WTF!??!?!
WTF!??!?!
UM WHY IS THERE A BANANA ON MY HEA…
UM WHY IS THERE A BANANA ON MY HE…
DRIVE FASTER MELLE!!!