stockholm 2008

Stockholm Travel Blog

I come to stockholm by flay from norway and wad oicked up by the hiusband of my aunt, dick. Arlanda airport is really big. than we went by car to "hesselby". the first day in stockholm I and my aunt took the metro in the centre of stockholm stoped at "gamla stan" and walked up stora nyegaten og over to Vesterlanggaten. In store nyagatan is a small tea store for good tea. we went vesterlånggaten over to Drotninggaten and in to the city. all this street are big shopping streets. we went to sergestorg and the a small resturang for lunch, "unga klara" en the culturhouse. After that we whent to Høtorget market to see all the food stores there and get the feeling of the town.

the next day I first took the metro to huvestad to visit my cousin and her son. than I and my aunt did meet outside the concerthall on høtorget to see a classical consert. the have all in this place.

third day I went first to the national gallery to see all the famouse swedish history paintings and some othere exibitions. it is a big house out on blastholmen. take metro to kungstrædgården. in the gallery it was a lot of people.
oafter I did walk a beat out to skeppsholmen, nice area for walking. see the weiv of the castle and the boats around.
stockholm is built on a lot of islands.
after I did go to the Lasse Aberg art gallery in Bålstad. Lasse Aberg is a famouse swedish person for his movies(komidiens), paintings and his sens of humer.
in this gallery he has some of his own paintings but also his big mickey mouse collection and some othere comices paintings and stuff. mustly old disney stuff but also some othere like, phantom, tintin, popeye. I also did meet Åberg him self, because he sometimes do his own guided tours around the gallery and talkes about hs collection.

last day in stockholm I just took the metro to the city and walked around. first from t-centralen up to the townhall with each tree crownes on the top and than town to "søder" and Gøtgaten and all the small cafes you can see there. it is a nice area of small cafes in sweden style liek for example "muggen" cafe.also walking around by "Katarinahissen" and "søder" is nice to do.
so I come down to the old city again and walked a beat there. in old town it also is a lot of cafes and resturantes to visit. took metro back to "Hesselby".

6,781 km (4,214 miles) traveled