My first two days = the beach, lots of alcohol, and muchachos.

Jaco Travel Blog

Playa Hermosa
Okay, so you know how I mentioned not to quote me on my nervousness about being here in Costa Rica? Don't quote me on it. I am absolutely having the time of my life!!!! I am so lucky. Michelle my roomate is so so much fun and my familia is so freaking fantastic. Costa Rica gets an A+ in my book.

Friday night was when all the maddness began. One of our brothers, Mauricio, took us out to a locals only Costa Rican club with a few of his friends, Mauriano and Orlando. At first I was a little apprehensive about being around so many Ticos but you know me, a few drinks and I'm ready to party! Danced with many Ticos and drank probably too much. I think we all eventually made it home around 3 am...... ready for another adventure!

So Mauriano is the ultimate baller. He studied at Texas A&M and most definitely comes from money because his summer house is AMAZING!!!! The guys drove us through the mountains to the Pacific coast beach town of Jacó.
Mauriano's house is right on Playa Hermosa and blew my mind. I seriously felt like I should have been on MTV Cribs it was that nice. The drinking began on the beach, finally getting tan, swimming in the ocean and pool, and finally living the life I deserve! Haha. As the night went on we all kept drinking and hanging out outside. The guys' friend Kendall (gorgeous black guy who plays for the Costa Rican waterpolo team!!!! Que suerte!!!!) came over and then we were off to some beach bar. Dancing, cervezcas, playing the bongos....... its all good. We went back to the house and continued to rage on. Let's just say our new amigos are locos!!!!

Feeling the night before, today we spent a few hours laying out on the beach and relaxing. Sadly, we start school on monday and therefore, had to leave our newfound paradise.
Que triste! On the drive back the craziest thing happened. We were only like 45 minutes away from Heredia and we were forced to turn around because a car flew off the mountainside and things weren't looking very good for those involved. Needless to say, this added another 2 hours to our trip home.

Now, I'm sitting in my room, still laughing about how Orly is gonna bring back "the bomb," el hombre tripod, and a million other crazy things. En serio, I'm in for the most amazing four months of my life. I love Costa Rica. I love my family. I love being here.

Pura Vida!!!
mizzou22 says:
Where is the spot to stay in JACO?
Posted on: Mar 23, 2009
Lanafromhawaii says:
The only way I know how to live.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2009
homeres says:
awesome!!! i like to read storied bout boys and booze...which most of my blogs consist of :)
Posted on: Jan 11, 2009
Playa Hermosa
Maurianos ballin beach house.
Mauriano's ballin' beach house.
photo by: anlis