¡World Cup Qualifier!

San Jose Travel Blog

The only proof I have that I went to the big game.
If you know me at all you know I love me some soccer, or should I say fútbol. So when I got a ticket to the Costa Rica vs. Honduras World Cup Qualifier match, I pretty much flipped. Michelle, Tyler, Alex, Joe, Andrew, and I headed over to Bulevar to pregame. Pretty much drank one bottle of beer and then moved straight into an entire pitcher to myself. No glass needed, straight. Somehow we ended up sitting on some grass next to a road eating taco bell and drinking more beer. Hopped on a bus to Tíbas to the national stadium, bought a Costa Rica jersey, took the nose bleed seats at the top.

The first half was crazy good fun, no scores but it was just so much fun to be there. So during half time I went to check on my friend Mackenzie who was hurling in the bathroom after drinking a pint of Guaro by herself.
After, for whatever stupid reason, I decided I wanted a hot dog. Now, I don't eat hot dogs. I hate them actually. But it sounded awesome at the time. So heres where the night turned. As I'm standing in line for this damn hotdog, I get slammed into by a crowd and then my $300 canon powershot camera is gone. It was in my front pocket, double knotted to my belt loop, and some evil doing asshole with a pair of scissors jacked it. Spent the rest of the game in a cop cruiser knowing there was no hope for recovering probably my most prized possession.

Now, I've been alot of places in the world, done alot of crazy things with that damn camera, and have never been pickpocketed. This guy must of stalked me because my camera was not visable (my shorts were baggy) and planned the whole thing. Wanna talk about feeling violated. So, the rest of the game sucked as you can imagine. But, on the bright side, Costa Rica won 2-0 and is going to South Africa in 2010 for the World Cup. Too bad I didn't get to see either goal.
The only proof I have that I went …
The only proof I have that I went…
San Jose