¡Playa Tamarindo - sun, surf, and French Canadians?

Playa Tamarindo Travel Blog

Siesta en la hamaca.
Seriously, by Thursday I'm jonesing to get out of the city. Good thing we were going away for the beautiful weekend. So I ditched out of my sustainable development class with Guido, apparently nothing interesting happened for the whole three hours..... how surprising! Anyway, due to some wrong information from Lonely Planet, Michelle and I missed the first bus to Tamarindo travel guide">Playa Tamarindo in Guanacaste by fifteen minutes and were forced to waste four hours in evil San Jose. Eventually we made it on the bus which was supposed to be six hours but ended up taking nearly nine due to traffic and numerous major accidents. I think Costa Ricans have no idea what a difference a freeway would make for their country.
Can someone say Imperial Spokes Girl?
Jeje. We got into Tamarindo, home of Endless Summer II, around 11:30 and walked into the most beautiful Chocolate Hostel. Made some PB&J and went to sleep.

In the morning, Michelle and I headed out to la playa to well, enjoy it! A bit windy but can't complain. Beautiful sprawling beaches with hott people, cute dogs, and watching gringos learn to surf. A good time had by all. Walked back to the hostel and a group of totally adorable french canadian boys in the room next to ours hollered down for us to hang out with them. After a little siesta in the hammock, we headed out to the beach to watch sunset and drink a tall boy of Imperial. Perfect way to start the night. The frenchies were sweet!!! Israel and Pierre were brothers and Jean-Francois (J.F.) was their friend..... just chilling in costa for a month, trippin' around from way up in Quebec.
Relajando con Israel.
Drank plenty on the porch with them and headed out to the Mono Loco bar at the far end of town. Super fun! Danced with some cute surfer guy from Cape Cod who I had met earlier in the day and talked to plenty of other surfers from around the world.

We all decided around 1:30 that we didn't feel like going to another bar so we walked across the street to hang out on the beach and drink some more beer. Within a few minutes, these really awesomely sweet Tico boys asked if they could sit down and smoke a few with us and share their beer! I love Ticos!!!! I talked to this one guy Gustavo in spanish for like 30 minutes and he spoke in english. It's crazy how usually thats how my conversations go down here. The night was tranquilo.

Woke up in the morning, wanting to rent a car and go to Playa Avellanas with the Frenchies but decided the surf and weather wasn't decent enough to spend the money.
French Canadian bros!
Hung out a bit more at the beach and then played in the hostel pool for a few hours with the boys. The night was really mellow, consisting of drinking on the porch, taking pictures, google-earthing our homes around the world, and making plans to hit low tide surf in the morning. Probably the best valentine's (aka fake holiday) ever.

Somehow, we actually all woke up early and headed down to the playa, rented a few longboards, and oh my lord, I actually got to surf!!!!!! It has been seriously over a year since I've been on a surfboard and let me tell you, I sucked. Jajajaja. The waves were small and inconsistent but I didn't care...... just being out there was such a good feeling. It was crazy because I actually came to the realization that I surf regular footed and not goofy. Weird cuz I snowboard goofy usually.
Endless Summer II
Got a few decent waves and headed out to lunch with a few of the boys and Michelle.

Our bus left at 1pm so we had to bid adieu to our awesome new friends and Tamarindo. Somehow I managed to throw away my bus ticket, accidentally, and was forced to shell out even more money to get back to the stupid city. Grrr. The bus ride was worse than the arriving one because we didn't get AC on it and it was so freaking freaking freaking hot! Gah. I seriously just sweated for 6 hours till we got back to Heredia, exhausted and ready for an early bedtime. I do actually have class at 7:30 in the morning.

Life is good kids. My aunt is mailing me a new camera I bought from BestBuy along with the newest Cosmo, some cliff bars, swimmers ear, and some other goodies. Tomorrow, our Tico friends Estaban and Bernie are taking us to Playa del Coco to go beach camping and hopefully surfing at the world famous Witche's Rock or Ollie's Point. Que bueno.

Siesta en la hamaca.
Can someone say Imperial Spokes Gi…
Can someone say Imperial Spokes G…
Hago surf.