"I'm on SPRING BREAK!!!!!"

Jaco Travel Blog

Lookin' good at Le Loft.....
It was the middle week of March so Michelle and I figured that the majority of American college students would be on spring break. If they were coming to Costa Rica where would they go? Jacó. A cultural wasteland of discoteques, bars, souvenirs, surfing schools, and tourism agencies. Not usually my place of interest but we were on a mission; have an American abroad spring break experience. Basically, go big or go home.

We got to Jacó Thursday night and checked into Hostel de Haan. Super cute with a pool, sweatlodge type dorms, and WILSON the manager. There were several groups of very cute and friendly guys from the states, Canada, and Norway who were all ready to go out and party. We pregamed a bit around the pool and headed out to Le Loft Nightclub. Free cover and free drinks for ladies ALL NIGHT.
..... hot mess after Le Loft.
This is a concept I'll never be able to grasp. Don't they know us chicks can drink like no other? Rums and cokes, jaegerbombs, cervezas, shots of who knows what....... things got a little outa hand. Next thing I know, it was 10 am and I was waking up drenched in sweat in the hostel, looking a hot mess. What the F happened last night!!!!???

Spent the day in a hungover mess. Really odd because I don't usually get hungover. Something about the mixture did it I'm sure. Michelle and I just spent the whole day hanging out around the pool and at the beach, recovering. Finally around 8, we decided we could drink again and headed out to get some 40ozs. We wanted to keep it mellow and so did the other guys at the hostel so we all hung out just drinking, jamming to 80s music, and talking.
Trip.
The weather was crazy though!!! Torrential rain that knocked the power out in all of Jacó like 10 times. I spent most of the night in a hammock talking to one of the guys from Humboldt County. It's always nice to hang out with someone from one of my vagabondish homes.

Saturday morning, Michelle and I laid out at the pool as usual and waited for the afternoon swell to hit Jacó. Around 1:30, Michelle rented a surfboard and I gave my first real surf lesson!!! I seriously did the whole laying down on the beach thing, pushing her into the wave, and cheering thing!!! She got up on her first wave and every other wave after. It was such a gratifying feeling to be able to make someone so happy. She's hooked already. The rest of the night was mellow. Stayed in the hostel and cooked some dinner and then headed out to the beach to drink our beers and talk. We ran into a few boys we had met earlier in a bar and chilled with them a while till we called it a night.

Oh, and just a side note, Costa Rica has legalized prostitution. Jacó is known for it's massive amount of putas. There were plenty on the prowl. One of the weirdest things ever.

Today we headed back to Heredia, content with our mini spring break. It's hard to complain about free drinks, boys, surf, sun....... oh wait, that's my life four days a week here........ how will I ever be able to go home?
Lookin good at Le Loft.....
Lookin' good at Le Loft.....
Hostel de Haan.