Feeling homesick

Heredia Travel Blog

Well, I'm experiencing my first real pangs of homesickness. I'm surprised it took me a whole month before they hit. I guess it's because I'm just hanging out in the house this weekend that I have idle time to think about home. It sucks, but I'll get over it.

I miss Kona town like freaking crazy. I haven't been home in so long I feel so disconnected. Thoughts of the summer sometimes are totally overwhelming. I just want to be back driving my car, running Ali'i Drive in the early morning, hanging out in parking lots at night, always being at the beach, reconnecting with my loves of nearly 20 years..... I never stop missing Hawai'i, ever.

I miss Salt Lake too, believe it or not. A night like tonight, I'd be hanging out in my apartment, smoking, munching, and watching family guy or something with judy. It would be a great night. Even weirder, I miss the cold. It's crazy I know but I really wanna snowboard again. I haven't got to surf yet here in Costa (next weekend though) so I'm jonesing to get back on a board of any kind. I miss my hectic schedule at The U. I really liked having class all morning and being at the library all night. There was something about my constantly busy life that satisfied me. School in Costa Rica is pretty weak. I'm learning more just living here and hanging out with my host family and Tico friends. I feel like my academic brain is going to mush.

I miss Nor Cal too. It's a special place that I can never forget. It's not my home but I feel such a connection to those mountains, the culture, the people.

No need to have concern for me though. I'm having so much fun here in Costa. It's just a down weekend. By thursday night, I'll be sleeping in a hammock on the beach in Puerto Veijo on the Caribbean coast. It's pretty damn blissful. But just so you know, I do miss all of you who actually read this blog and care. You're awesome.

Pura vida.