Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna

La Fortuna Travel Blog

Bald Hot Springs
I can't do it anymore. No more of this ridiculous drinking. I've replaced one healthy habit for something that never ends well. After last weekend, I'm done with this silliness. Anyway, if you were wondering, I got home perfectly safe from Palmares with that Daniel guy I met. Total gentlemen. Did some homework outside in the beautiful costa rican sun and then had planned to meet Daniel at the bar Bulevar to watch the Costa Rica vs. Panamá fútbol match. But, my hermano Mauricio talked us into going to a friend's birthday party. It was just okay. Orlando and Mauriano were there too which is always nice to see familiar faces. But it's hard to always be Mauricio's tagalong. We try to speak as much spanish as we can but they want to practice their english so its this weird exchange that is hard to adjust to.
La Cataraca de La Fortuna
Anyway, the whole party was kinda obnoxious because I got drunk early and then got sober around midnight. But everyone kept drinking! We seriously didn't leave the house till like 3:30 in the morning. No bueno because then we had to stumble our way to school at 6:30 to catch the bus to La Fortuna. Miserable the whole time.

When we FINALLY got to The Baldi Hot Springs I was a bit disappointed. I was under the impression it would be like a hike up the Arenal Volcano to these natural hot springs and it would be totally sweet. Not the case. Totally European, resort/spa, men in speedos, overpriced drinks, signs in english. I dunno, it was really nice and beautiful but my expectations had been alot different. But we did get an amazingly delicious dinner where I overate for sure. I feel like I overeat everyday here.
Mini Boa Constrictor!!!
The food is just amazing at every meal. No quiero estar gorda!!!!

Our hotel was really nice too but we didn't even get to hang out at the pools or anything because it rained all weekend. Overall, Arenal was a bust.

So school has been insane. Today I had to do a 30 minute presentation about Argentina, totally in Spanish!!! I can't believe I actually did it. My teacher said I was good except I basically butchered everything I had to say. When I get flustered I have trouble pronouncing words correctly, it sucks. But it's over with now. I've still got TONS of homework though. I kinda thought school wasn't gonna be a big part of my life down here but it totally is. At least I'm not taking econ classes with Ticos. That would be certain death.

Okay, off to write a paper about costa rica's many ecosystems. At least its interesting, verdad?

Pura Vida