¡¡¡¡Adios Costa Rica!!!!

Heredia Travel Blog

Mamá y sus hijas
Well, I officially am leaving Costa Rica. I can't believe that four months have gone by already. I remember crying at the airport in Salt Lake saying goodbye to my dad, my first day here when I met my new family and Michelle, my first day at school, etc. At that point I never thought it would end. I mean, even before I was in college, all I thought about was my study abroad. It seemed like it would never come, yet now it's actually finished!!! What now?

I'm epically sad that Michelle is gone back to the states. I've never met another girl who I connected with as much as her. I really thought I'd spend eternity looking for someone who could keep up with my vagabond traveling ways but I just got so lucky to have the best roomie and travel buddy. We've done some crazy things and had adventures that I'd never trade for anything.
Besties
So, if you're reading this Michelle, thanks for rockin out with me :)

So where am I going from here? Well, tomorrow morning at 7:30 I am catching a TicaBus back to Nicaragua. I should arrive in Managua around 5 in the afternoon, get a hostel, and stay locked inside till the sun comes back out. I'm pretty damn scared of that city. Everyone tells me that I need to be 110% aware and don't trust anyone. Basically, if anyone tries to talk to me, BE A BITCH. I've already crossed the Nicaragua border when I went to San Juan del Sur last month but this is different. I'm alone and well, I'm not going to a surf town. Anyway, I'll have to catch a bus Monday morning to bumfuck Chinandega where I'm supposed to call "Gerry" to come get me and take me to Jiquilillo.
Mi Ciudad, San José
Monty, of Monty's Surf Lodge, is currently in Canada and so I'm kinda nervous about not having him there. It will all work out.

So starting Monday afternoon, I will be an unpaid employee at Monty's Surf Lodge (www.nicaraguasurfbeach.com). I will be a surf instructor, bartender, housekeeper, cook, tour guide, eye candy, and english-spanish translator :). In exchange, I'll make some tips and I get my own beach cabana and all my food covered. It looks so awesome too. Apparently during high tide at sunset the water rises so high that it actually enters the bar. There's wild horses that live on the beach. I'll take people on tours up to the nearby volcano to "sand board" down. Once a month we feed over 250 Nicaraguan kids and give a lucky few free surf lessons. What a life I live?!

Anyway, I'm really sad to be leaving Costa Rica and all that I've grown to love and appreciate about this culture and country. I will miss my Tico family so much. They've taught me so much. But you know, it's about that time to go. I've seen and done everything that I've wanted to do while I was here and I'm ready to get on with my next adventure. I was feeling kinda down last week because all my gringo friends were talking about going home and I started to really miss Kona.... and Salt Lake..... and Humboldt. But I'm starting to snap back to reality and and so freaking stoked to be down here doing what I'm about to go do.

So, wish me luck my friends. Pray for my safety. Think to facebook me from time to time. Pray for surf. I miss you all. Next stop, Nicaragua!!!
Heredia