Two months till Costa Rica!!!!!

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Whoa! Do I ever really stop? I feel like my life is basically one adventure after the next, with school and work shoved in between. This time, Central America! I've waited my entire life to do a study abroad and now my opportunity is here! I will be moving to the beautiful Heredia, Costa Rica (just twenty minutes outside of San Jose) to attend La Universidad Interamericana de Costa Rica for a semester. I will be living with a Tico host family and probably another international student. Eeek! I can't wait to start my classes which include Spanish 2020 - 3020, Biological Diversity/Conservation, and Environmental Sustainability. Most of all, I can't wait to be FORCED to speak Spanish so I can finally quit messing around and become fluent!!!!!

My summer plans are so up in the air I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'm hoping to spend at least a few months cruising around Central America - Panama, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Ecuador, etc - to do some surfing, volunteering, and meeting the lovely locals around the world. I think I'm going to start selling my plasma here in Utah so I can afford all this traveling. Haha.

I do feel a little sad about leaving The U and all my friends. I've come to really love my cute house and I enjoy living with Judy my BFF and roomie. I'm sad because I know that they'll be epic parties, powder days, and a million other happenings that I'm going to miss out on. I don't want to be forgotten. :( But then I come to my senses and start fantasizing about all the INSANE adventures I'm in for. God, it's so true; have love, will travel.

So, I hope that all of you follow me on my six month, possibly longer, adventure living in Central America. And I know I've always promised I'm going to find myself either a European or Argentinian boyfriend....... this time is no different. Just because you don't know their names doesn't mean they never happened. Muahahaha. ;)