A week of sightseeing and partying at Bali.

Kuta Travel Blog

My friend and I went to Bali for a week some years ago, while we were studying in Australia. We decided to go to a place where there were lots of Australians, and the party factor was high. So we ended up going to Kuta, to this hotel called Tropo Zone. This is a hotel which only except 18- 30 year olds, and arrange a lot of activities and parties- and we were not dissapointed!

Every day there were things happening. I am afraid of hights, but was talked into going parasailing at Nusa Dua. My friend and I was sent up in the parachut before they were done telling us what to do in the air in their Balineese- English, but luckily it went well, and it was really fun!! A bustrip with Crazy- John was ehh...fun, as long as you held on to your seat, and you got to see some of the real Bali. When you are at Bali, you of course also have to go see the temples, and the monkey village, the outings were really great!

The food on Bali was really good, and we especially fell in love with the seafood, which was a bit pricey (well, about 5 euros for a big meal, but expensive to be on Bali), but worth it.

We met lots of Autralian on the hotel, and many of them were from Melbourne where we lived. They became our good friends and we spent a lot of time with them when returning to Australia. great way to meet new friends!!

The marked in Kuta was ok, you found cheap souvernirs and t- shirts. Also it was on the way to the beach. the beah was a surf- beach, and it was quite windy when we were there, so that we came back to the hotel all covered in sand, to the staffs amusement:) Luckily there were pools at the hotel as well, one even had a bar where they even served food when you returned from a rather drunken night..

The staff arranged themeparties every night, and most of the guests attended. When the hotel closed it serving at 1 am, we all went on to the partystreet. Our favourite danceplace and "watherhole" was the place that I was sad to see was bombed during the terrorattack on Bali.

I liked the ppl on Bali, they were friendly and funloving, and I hope there are lots of tourists going there again after the terror, since the ppl of Bali depends on tourists. I  would not mind going back and I really recommend Bali, it is a beautiful country!