the beginning of a new life

Lamai Travel Blog

In Febuary 2008 i bought myself a share in a restaurant in Lamai on Koh Samui in Thailand. I was tired of the life in sweden and had saved some money to take this chance. the restaurants name is kokila and is located along the road from Bauhass to the beach. its been running for 10 years and ive been a visitor there for many years and thats how i come in conntact with Gai who had run the place for all this years.

The Restaurant is pretty small with place for about 25 customers and we serve Thai&International food, we also show the latest blockbuster movies every night as well as premier league fotball or formula 1 racing during the weekends on big screen.

Ive now been here for 8 month and its been a fun time though very hard due to the declining turism in thailand. during low season its been very calm here and a everyday fight to get customer. although we have alot off old customers that helps abit, its not near to give a good profit. but soon the high season starts and i hope it will make a change. world economy is not helping the course either and alot off places have been forced to close here as in the rest of the world.

I hope to write something here about how this project continues during my stay here.

sienasera says:
I think its great that you're following one if your dreams!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2008