Indore Travel Blog

Woke up reasonably early today and lounged around watching tv and reading. At about 9.30 I heard, as I suppose everyone in the town did, a man with a PA system doing his sound check in the street below, this went on for about 10 minutes.  I got up to have a look and below me was a sort of handcart mad einto a carriage, all highly decorated with four huge speakers, I can only describe them as four "gramaphone speakers" just like the one depicting "his masters voice", all that was missing was the poor dog!. Wierd! It seemed also that a band was assembling nearby and so it started .... drums banging, trumpets blaring, backing music and to top it all the fella with the microphone trying to shout above it all - hilarious.  This all went on for a =bout 45 minutes before moving off down the road - slowly. Welcome to a peaceful Sunday morning in Indore!   After getting up and showered I headed off for a wander surrounding the hotel and eventually found "celebration Bakery" as listed in LP.  Popped in for a patty and coffee, very nice indeed!

Went back to the hotel to enquire about booking a coach trip to Udaipur.  I waited at reception a while before a man appeared like the shopkeeper from Mr. Benn, startled me to death! Nice man, he started phoning around and eventually got me booked on to a sleeper bus leaving at 8pm on Tuesday, price Rs500 - sorted.

Didn't really do a lot else today apart from ring home to speak to mum and dad from the phone booth shop across the road, then went for a nap, hard life!

At around 7pm I wandered off to the bakery again and had more coffee and pizza, also bought a bag of homemade cookies :) Wandered around a bit more and found the pick up point for the bus and also the railway station, only a 10 minute stroll away. Back to the room before checking e mails and phoning home again, chatted to my ex girlfriend, miss her loads :( all in all an uneventful day after the promising start of live music!

Feeling a little down after speaking to home, homesick maybe? Not sure, am sure it will pass though, only two weeks in, cannot afford to be thinking like that! hmm... goodnight

photo by: peeyushmalhotra