Season greetings from Poznań!

Poznan Travel Blog

dreamy :)
I feel kind of guilty for not posting anything in this blog for such a horrendously long time. My new year's resolution is to do it more often and regularly. Well... here it goes then!

Since winter holiday time is upon us the whole market square is being transformed into a Christmas market (Weihnachtsmarkt; jarmark bożonarodzeniowy) kind of a place. Every year it gets more and more festive. I was afraid it would be over the top and in-your-face but actually this year it was kind of neat. Me and my neighbors decided to take a stroll around the city center this one frosty night. I got off work early and met up with them by the city hall. The girls took some nice pictures and I decided to use them for my blog as well ;)

I believe the tradition of ice sculptures contests in Poznań started last year or so. I just love the way those works of arts are illuminated at night. As always, you can find a bunch of food stands surrounding the whole area. Definitely tourist friendly! I strongly urge you to try some grzaniec if you never had any, which makes the whole winter experience complete :)
Aquedita says:
No problem :)
Glad to hear you liked the city, just like me. Any plans on coming back? If so, feel free to drop me a note or something.
Posted on: Dec 29, 2009
PaulJamesK says:
I visited Poznan in January of this year and stayed in Gniezno with my polish friends family..Poznan is a wonderful city..thank you for sharing this :) I wish you a Happy new year!
Posted on: Dec 28, 2009