I did grow to love this place :)

Poznan Travel Blog

I knew I did not want to go to college in my hometown - Bydgoszcz. For many reasons: poor educational opportunities in fields of my interest, willingness to finally move out of my parents' place and live on my own, but mainly... I just hate my hometown! Seriously! There are no cool places (ok, maybe 2) or things going on, you don't feel any energy, especially of the young people, who are only focused on running away to other cities or even abroad asap.

So to make a long story short - I applied to a couple of universities, and since I got accepted to all of them I could take my pick ;) I've set my mind for Japanese studies in Poznań (I had to pass on Humanistic Studies in Toruń, it was so sad :() and while I had my doubts about my major, I never wondered have I chosen the right place :)

Poznań is different from any other place I know.
It's fun to come across some local words you don't understand. It's so much fun to just stroll around the city center. The sad part is that this old, typical Poznań is kind of slowly dying. There is no fountain in Liberty Square no more, there is a huge shopping mall by the most beautiful lake and another one where a huge park used to be back in the day.

I was the first (and for now-the only) person to write a description for Poznań HERE => http://www.travbuddy.com/Poznan-travel-guide-1143318

I decided to upload some b&w photos of how this town used to look like back in the old days. That is before and during WWII.
All of the pictures were found on www.tutej.pl
cinnamonelf says:
No kurcze nie tylko w celu shoppingu tam przyjezdzam xD a imprezy to co?:)
Posted on: Dec 04, 2008
YantiSoeparno says:
Now, I know why you speak Japanese, Agi :)
Posted on: Nov 05, 2008