München

Munich Travel Blog

On the way to Italy we've stopped for 2 days near München to visit a few places.  We had very bad weather there!

Actually I'm not very fond of this city, from what I saw the buildings were very nice (lovely architecture)  the Victuals market was lovely. But I don't know if I want to go there again. But maybe had the very bad weather a big influence on it. I have one exception. The "Oktoberfest" from where it's famous about, that is one thing I'd like to experience. They say it's a great atmosphere! The next one is from 19 september till 4 october 2009.

Every year 6 million visitors make their way to the largest folk festival in the world. And this is because the Oktoberfest has much more to offer than exciting roller coasters and huge beer tents. On the first sunday of the oktoberfest there is a costume and Riflemen's parade/procession. There is a grand entry of the Oktoberfest landlords and Breweries etc.

For further information about München and the oktoberfest you can also take a look at the site: www.muenchen.de

I do like to see the new-built football stadium "Allianz-Arena" some time, we didn't had the time now.

Munich