Minori Travel Blog› entry 11 of 26 › view all entries
The Amalfi Coast, or Costiera Amalfitana in Italian, is a stretch of coastline on the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula of Italy (Province of Salerno), extending from Positano in the west to Vietri sul Mare in the east.
The main town close to the Amalfi Coast is Salerno, the municipalities belonging to the coast are Vietri sul Mare, Cetara,Maiori, Tramonti, Minori, Ravello, Scala, Atrani, Amalfi, Conca dei Marini, Furore, Praiano and Positano. Very close to the territory of the coast (near Furore and Conca dei Marini) is it situated Agerola, located in the Sorrentine Peninsula and belonging to the Province of Naples.
Renowned for its rugged terrain, scenic beauty, picturesque towns and diversity, the Amalfi Coast is listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
Notable places are:
- Duomo (the cathedral) in Amalfi, and its cloister (Chiostro del Paradiso in Italian)
- the church of Santa Maria Assunta in Positano
- the churches of San Salvatore del Birecto and of Santa Maria Maddalena in Atrani
- Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- Duomo (Cathedral) of Ravello: the central nave contains the "Pulpit of the Gospels", on the right of the central nave, created in 1272 by Nicolò di Bartolomeo from Foggia
- the churches of San Luca and San Gennaro in Praiano and their viewpoints
- the church of San Pancrazio in Conca dei Marini and its viewpoint
- the Fiordo of Furore
- the church of Santa Trofimena and the ancient Roman villa in Minori
- Ravello, a town inside a castle
- the Emerald Cave in Conca dei Marini
Minori is a town and comune in the province of Salerno in the Campania region of south-western Italy.
In this place (a couple of minutes of the town Amalfi) we stayed for a week! It wasn't a big hotel but a nice small bed and breakfast hotel. We had a lovely time here!! Antonio the owner is a great host!!! He's doing anything to make you feel special. For instance the breakfast table! It was a lovely experience to eat such a extensive breakfast on the patio with a stunning view on the sea.
If you're curious about the bed & breakfast hotel, here is their site: www.freeholiday.it