Day 1

Jim Corbett National Park Travel Blog

Soheyl woke us up at 4 in the morning. My brain was still soaked in vodka and i had the beginnings of a terrible headache.

Got the kids ready and we left by 6.30 driving through delhi to catch the Hapur Bypass.

At 9.30 we reached Gajraula and stopped over at Meriot for our breakfast.The Place was clean had well maintained washrooms and the food was fresh and tasty. A nice coffee cured half of my headache.

Chilled beers were bought on the way which cured the rest of my headache. The kids wanted to listen to the latest bollywood soundtrack of Rock on to which they were screaming in accompaniment.

We reached Ramnagar at around 2 p.m from where our resort is supposedly 20km away. As we drove to the depths of the national park it was getting harder to beleive that we will be able to find our resort. But tucked away just after a small bridge was a small road with rocks and pebbles and a wooden signboard pointing towards it which said "Camp River Wild". The road looked too rough for our small car but we gave it a try. After another kilometer and a half we found the resort hidden away from all signs of humanity by the banks of a river. It was perfect.