31 hours and counting

Milpitas Travel Blog

Hello,

I just finished packing and feel a remarkable sense of accomplishment considering I haven't actually gone anywhere yet. Since both my main bag and little backpack are full I think I have about 89 liters worth of stuff to tote around for the next half year -- which means I should return a better, buffer Jane (clearly to the benefit of all)

For reference, here's a summary of my upcoming travels:

03/01 - 03/08 London
06/02 - 06/08 South Korea
06/08 - 07/15 China
07/15 - 08/11 Singapore, Malaysia, etc
08/11 - 09/15 Hawaii

I'm guessing (half hoping) that these plans will change as I work my way down the list. So excited, but getting a little nervous, too. Everything's way last minute but at least I finally got my plane tickets, visa, and train tickets in hand - YAY =D Also, I should finally have my teeth fixed by tomorrow morning, just in time to leave

Past days have been super busy moving and seeing folks for the last time. I've never been away this long but know it'll go by in no time at all -- wonder how much if anything will change by the time I get back. I also wonder what book I should bring. It has to be compact but riveting hehe . . . I'll try to get suggestions tomorrow.

K anyway I better go to sleep now. I shall write more after I leave these thousand pitas. Have a good night.

-- jane h chen --

goodfarmerchen says:
hey there! well i guess my story's pretty simple - was working for a few years after i graduated, at which point i decided i needed a change, so i quit my job, volunteered for an organization i was interested in for a few months, then decided to travel . . . i know this kind of opportunity doesn't come around often, so i'm definitely trying to make the most of it! I see you've been out of the US for a while now - haven't had the chance to check out your blogs but will soon! let me know if you have any other questions!
Posted on: May 14, 2007
xomox says:
maybe u can give some background info/thoughts on why/how u r fortunate enough to be takin' such a long journey?
Posted on: May 14, 2007
Eric says:
Have fun on your trip! Good luck and looking forward to hearing about your experiences!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2007