Lantau Trails

Lantau Travel Blog

We took a boat from Silvermine Bay to Peng Chau and from there we boarded a small boat which ferried us to this tiny island.

The trail was rather easy.  For an hour walk, the climb was gradual and steady.  The huge trees that seem to support the road was giving enough cool air and shade to make the walk a pleasant one.

On the way up, we would stop in between for some
surprising things we see: like the roots of this big tree  forming a weird-looking creature underneath.  There were nice wild plant and flowers, clear water flowing and curvy  road ahead.  The smell of fresh air is wonderful.

Then comes the hilly part.  It was about 20 minutes going up the steep path to reach the pagoda.  That was the highest point of the trail where (facing the sea) you can view Discovery Bay golf course on the left and the Silvermine Bay on the right.  Like any climber would attest, it was all worth it when you reach the top.  Sweats and all were paid off.

Downhill was scarier than I expected.  My knees were wobbly and my fear was that if I stepped wrongly at any narrow and countless stone steps, I would stumble all the way down in Silvermine.  Because from the point where I was in, I there's no stopping if you fall.  Luckily, I made it all the way down in one piece.  Tired, hungry and thirsty, but nonetheless relieved, fulfilled and rewarded.

Afterall, nature's beauty itself is more than enough compensation.

Lantau