Sunshine on Leith

Gullane Travel Blog

Out towards the sea from Gullane

What with it being a nice sunny day and all that we decided not to waste such unseasonal weather and head up the coast.

A short drive from Edinburgh gets you to the small village of Gullane on the coastline of the Firth of Forth. The drive takes you past the occasional clump of houses and a lovely looking power station and then into a golf course. For some reason the road then travels along the greens as Pringle wearing businessmen whack little balls around.

Gullane didn't really consist of much but then again we'd not come to look at the houses. Parking up in the seafront car park a casual stroll was the order of the day. Despite the sunshine it was still bracing in the sea breeze as we wandered along the rolling sand dunes.

<view into surreal psyche>
Walking down to the furthermost point of the bay for some reason I kept thinking about Harold Bishop being washed off a similar rocky outcrop in Neighbours all those years ago. I wondered if I too could be swept out to sea only to be picked up by a trawler, lose my memory and end up working in a Salvation Army store round the corner from where I previously lived five years later. But it didn't happen.
</view into surreal psyche>

With the sun shining and this was really the way to blow out the cobwebs.

View of Gullane shoreline