Hit the Highway

Edinburgh Travel Blog

After visiting Roslin we did what everyone in the world seems to do on a Sunday afternoon – we went to Ikea.

Now Ikeas are presumably the same the world over. Too busy. So let's leave it at that. On arriving home with our hard won trophies (two bookcases) we debated what else to do. As it was still a pretty nice day we opted for a stroll into town via Holyrood Park which sits not far from my friends flat.

Although it was a bright afternoon it was quite cold and rather blustery so we opted not to brave the peak of Arthur's Seat and instead followed the path round the base of it into the main part of the city. Most of Edinburgh seemed to have had the same idea and the park was extremely busy with strollers, joggers and pram pushers.

Exiting the park near the Scottish Parliament building, which doesn't look half as bad as some people would have you believe, all there was left to do was to walk home through the town.

Not really much to say, but I thought I'd mention it for completist sake.

sdbleve says:
After our visit to Roslin we to stopped...at Costco. Now I used to be a Price Club employee (Costco was formed by ex Price Club exec's and then eventually merged with Price Club), even worked with Robert Price a few times (he and his father started the whole Price Club thing)but since I did not have my card with me, they would not even let me in the damn warehouse. Deff not the way a former corporate employee would be treated in the US. :(
Posted on: Apr 28, 2007
Higton says:
Perhaps not, but the Parliament still looks a complete dog's dinner if you ask me. But then you didn't. :)
Posted on: Mar 04, 2007
Edinburgh Sights & Attractions review
Edinburgh has the distinction of having a sort of mountain stuck slap bang in the middle of it. When I say mountain I suppose I mean very big hill wi… read entire review
Edinburgh