Into Arizona

Tucson Travel Blog

Arizona!

I woke in Lordsburg NM with a breath of fresh air that I had not experienced in eight years. It was like being back in high school again and sensing a bright new future on the distant horizon. Overdue change was finally in the air and my outlook on absolutely everything magically improved.  America had voted.

I negotiated a drive-through for an Egg McMuffin and cup of coffee then continued west on Interstate 10 reaching Tucson by late morning.

I familiarized myself with its layout by making a drive-by of the hotel that I had reserved for the upcoming TravBuddy meet-up. I noted the Pima Air Museum sign at the Valencia exit; a pre-meet-up gathering was scheduled to take place there on Friday afternoon.

Oriented with the city, I traveled south on Interstate 19 looking for Duck, a longtime friend from Upper Michigan who spends winters somewhere south of Tucson since his retirement from work in the iron ore mines. I found Coach's Bar in Green Valley and gave him a call. Turned out that Duck's place is in Sierra Vista - about ninety miles east. Instead of doubling back through Tucson, I decided to continue south, check out Nogales, Mexico, then drive the two-lane Highway 80 to Sierra Vista.

Arizona!
At the Texas Pass rest area not fa…
At the Texas Pass rest area not f…
Tucson