A Home at Last

Nha Trang Travel Blog

My room

Thanks to the expats at the Spot, I was able to quickly find a place to settle in for a few weeks. In fact, Wilson and his Vietnamese wife Tuit, the owners of that popular bar-restaurant, offered the third floor of their nearby house for $200 a month. The location is ideal being just off Hung Vuong Street which is one block in from the beach in the heart of the hotel, bar, shopping, and restaurant district of Nha Trang.

The main room has a king-size bed, cable television, coffee table with a padded seat, glass shelving, another table and stool, and a large wardrobe cabinet. With windows on the east and west walls there is no need for the fan or air conditioner this time of year.

Kitchen area
A single sliding door opens to the stair well.

An adjoining smaller room includes one of those couches that slopes upward at one end, a mid-size refrigerator, a wardrobe cabinet, and another fan. Its double doors open onto a large veranda from which I can see parts of the South China Sea and Hon Tre Island. The balcony also has a covered kitchen sink, stainless steel table with a one-burner gas stove, cabinet with dishes, and the bathroom. The L-shaped balcony is lined with flowers. Steep stairs lead to the rooftop.

Wilson and Tuit live on the second floor while several of her family members take up the ground floor. A motorbike and my bicycle are kept inside, in the living room, though there is a small gated area between the house and narrow alleyway. From my room, I can pick up wireless internet from several nearby hotels. I use my kitchen only for heating water for morning coffee, making sandwiches, and storing snacks. A nearby grocery store has about anything I need but Tuit will do my shopping at the local market for much better prices.

Lord_Mike says:
$200 a month? I should quit my job and just MOVE THERE!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2009
alitoronto says:
Very nice!!!:)
Posted on: Jan 29, 2009
bernard69 says:
thx for sharing,perhaps I'll can afford it when I'll be retired:)
Posted on: Jan 28, 2009