Back on the Road

Nha Trang Travel Blog

The 107 at Ken's

Ken's house was an easy walk from the beach area where I stayed. It was back in the alley behind the Kangarooski, a favored bar two years ago, now converted into a travel agency. It ts a shame to see good bars close down. Checkpoint Charlies was gone too. I had run into their previous owners at the Spot and both would like to re-open doors whenever they can scrape up the money.

My Martin 107 stood tall on Ken's veranda despite its two flat tires. The handlebars, which had been broken since I owned the bike, were badly rusted but felt tight enough to ride to a repair shop once the tires were aired up. I walked it two blocks to where a street-side mechanic had an air compressor. I waited patiently while the man finished getting a straight-razor shave at his street-side barber's then filled my tires.

When the handlebars broke loose again and the bike became totally uncontrollable, I finally had it repaired once and for all. A new set was installed for a total of $3.40. I was back on the road and life was good.

oldschoolbill says:
Glad to hear the 107 is on the road again!
Posted on: Jan 20, 2009