Belgrade

Belgrade Travel Blog

I think most people in Hungary have a prejudice against Belgrade (and Serbia). When I told someone I'm going to Belgrade, they looked at me weird, they said it's dangerous, coz there was a war not so many years ago.

But my friend, Jucó and I wanted to see the city for ourselves. So we bought our train tickets, booked two beds in a dorm and visited Belgrade. And we LOVED IT!!!

Our train was leaving October 23, at 11:30 pm from Keleti Train Station. It was a 7 hours long journey. Time was passing soo slowly, and I couldn't get much sleep. I had some books with me, I’ve planned that I’ll study for my upcoming plant physiology exam, but I was too lazy to do so. We shared a cabin with a Canadian girl and a Hungarian couple.

We got to Belgrade at about 7 a.m. and started looking for our hostel, called Hostel New Morning. We’ve read on their website, that it is only 5 minutes far from the train station, but we didn’t manage to find it so fast; it took us more than 45 minutes. (Later we found out that it’s really only 5 mins far from the train station...) We booked our beds about a month before our trip, but somehow the staff forgot it compleatly, and didn’t expected us. We’ve been asked a couple of times if we’ve made a reservation before, or in that hostel, coz they couldn’t find our booking. But we got our beds finally. :)

An hour later we were on our way exploring the city.

cneoridium says:
I really liked Belgrade, and made the mistake of only staying for 2 days - there was a lot more to see!
Posted on: May 04, 2009
serpentina says:
hú, te feldobáltad majdnem az összes képet?? szerepelek a történeteidben, híres lettem:)
Posted on: Nov 17, 2008